Old 07-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BREAKING NEWS: Chrysler nixes plans for Imperial

This is a futuristic posting or somebody needs to get another battery for their computer. LOL!

Look at the date.

Chrysler Kills Plan To Resurrect Imperial

Date posted: 01-01-3000

DETROIT — The Chrysler Group has elected not to build a production version of its controversial 2006 Imperial concept, because of escalating gas prices and the threat of higher CAFE standards.

"We felt it would have been irresponsible to bring a vehicle like that to the market at this time," Chrysler spokesman Dave Elshoff was quoted as saying. Elshoff said a production version of the Imperial concept "would have been substantially bigger than our largest sedan, the Chrysler 300C."

Chrysler had planned to begin building the Imperial in early 2009, using components from the rear-wheel-drive 300C and its siblings, the Dodge Challenger, Charger and Magnum.

When the Imperial concept made its debut at the 2006 Detroit Auto Show, it drew decidedly mixed reviews. Some saw elements of Rolls-Royce in the design, while for others it conjured images of American Motors.

What this means to you: Chrysler goes back to the drawing board for a future flagship.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.