View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 07:42 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hummer owner gets angry message

ORIGINAL: awsure

What's amazing is I heard a story (can't vouch for accuracy) that when you compare a Hummer to a Prius over the life cycle of the car including the energy that went into production the NET consumption of energy is higher on the Prius. If that's true then all the smug Prius hybrid owner can clutch their collective bleeding hearts and ponder how they are devastating mother earth.
You are correct. The battery packs according to the environmentalist's own standards are worse for the environment than an H1 Hummer. When I get the time, I will find the article that proves that.

This is so stupid. This is why I refuse to get involved in the whole environmentalist movement. The solutions are hypocritical, they come up with stupid ideas that are remincent to ideas from the middle ages (carbon credits are to the Church of Environmentalism as paying for indulgences for sins were for the Catholic Church and have the exact same impact, it fixes and resolves nothing at all, the problem still exists without the slightest change.), some of their actions can be classified as terrorism, and so much of it is based on half-truths. I'm finished![sm=rant.gif]

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts