Old 07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I found this handy 1/4 mile calculator. All you have to do is to input your car's weight and horsep

hmm...interesting. ive not used that one before...im not sure how accurate it is. im making round 490bhp, with round 360whp...running 12.40s with 3700lb car...most calculators put me right in the ballpark, but this one says "engine horsepower". when i used 490, which is around my bhp or engine horsepower, it was WAY too fast...like mid 11s...so i put in my whp, and it was much closer.

i used the lower option which asks for the desired time and the car weight, and it gives you the power needed in perfect conditions...for a 3700 lb car runnin 12.4, it told me that im making about 384hp...thats running 87 octane...

just as a teaser...the demon engine is being built very close to the build of the mirada engine...in a car around 800lbs lighter...

i should point out that on a real track there are WAY too many variables for any computer to calculate...even the ones that ask for altitude, temp, barometric pressure, etc...they cannot account for gearing, traction, wind, etc.
another good one is the list at www.race-cars.net