Thread: The Camaro
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Yankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Camaro

I honestly can't really tell any difference... but it's not uncommon for prototypes to be a little different than an actual production version.

My thoughts on the new Camaro are thus:

I really like the exterior, although I wonder if the designer (a Korean, by the way) was staring at a 68-70 Dodge Charger when he designed the quarter panels and gas cap location - notice how the 2 are similar? The biggest thing I don't like about the new Camaro is its dashboard - my god that dash is hideous. Naturally those who bow to the alter of all that is GM will love it (hell, it could have the dashboard of a Yugo and they'd still love it), but there's not one thing I like about it. I don't like the console gauges - I know they're copying the 69 model that had those, but that was a bad idea back then too. Plus the speedo and tach look like something out of a 1950's Buick, and those HVAC controls... yuck. [:'(]

The Challenger's interior, on the other hand, is a work of art by comparison. I definitely hope they keep that telemetry gauge (or whatever it's called) - everything else is spot on in my book.

OK, rant over.