View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 05:20 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Simpson's Movie: Your Rating

I realize that classic cartoons were not saints. Quite frankly, classic Disney cartoon characters from should be edited by adding paints to a few characters. Too much detail in the drawings.

What I'm referring to is a particular scene where you unfortunatley see something you have never seen on Fox (at least as far as I know) and probably never will with current standards. Something unnecessary.[:'(] That was never shot in the older ones.

Now don't get me wrong, mild crude humor I'm okay with, but when get to the level of so much detail that it upsets my stomach is when it starts to go too far. I like slap-stick humor better honestly. I also like mild stupid humor (homer doing something that is obviously a bad idea and defending it), but sometimes that goes too far. That can get to the point where it doesn't make any sense. The thing I like about the Simpson's is they use a variety of humor.

In my opinion, the first generation of Family Guy (before Fox dropped them the first time) was much better. Now they get too disgusting at times with their crude humor. Plus they try to make jokes on things that I don't think are something to laugh about. Herbert is a character I find completely inappropriate after knowing people who were molested. In contrast the strange attraction that Smithers has to Mr. Burns is funny most of the time because there is nothing about Burns that is likable (he's a cruel, selfish, backstabbing, villian and yet Smithers thinks the world of him and looks up to him) and although Smithers might have "other motives" it at least does not include a minor but a creepy old man.

Honestly, I like the Simpsons a whole lot better than Family Guy. If they would cut down on their preachiness and excessive dirty jokes, I would consider watching it again.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts