View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 03:17 AM
70rtse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: value of 70rtse number 3 condition

I hate to say, but the car is not all original. The interior is in good shape, may need to replace the carpet. front buckets don't have the org. leather anymore, the overhead console is in good shape, the only light that doesn't work is the low fuel and this may be a sending unit problem due to fuel gauge not working. the headliner looks to be org. all i need is the foam padding for it. the body is ok, need some work. i know the floor boards need to replaced. the trunk pan is in good shape. the engine is a 383 h.p. 8 3/4 rear, don't have org. rims, but i think it came with the ralleys. all numbers due match including motor. As far as being optioned out i don't think it was really. I'm still a little puzzled about the shifter being on the column. As far as i can remember when i purchased the car the person told me that the org. owner worked for a car dealership and the car was org. from Colorado.
I had some guy stop by, actually he stops by every few months and asks if i'm ready to sell the car. when he stopped by the last time he offered $8,000 for it. i'm at work right now, so when i get a change i'll post the fender tag numbers.

Thanks much for your reply

ORIGINAL: lear4406,

The car would be worth a chunk of cash. The more rare the option list the more it is worth. Describe the body and interior. Also engine size and rear end ( 8 3/4, or Dana). Being an R/T and an SE, I would think that it would be on the optioned out side. Which is good, as far as value. Also is the engine # matching and is it mostly stock. Magnum 500s or 15" ralleys. Radio? ( AM_FM with cassett deck). I know that the SE had overhead console with a small back window. Also light package. Give us some more info... but it is a good find. If the engine was'nt hurt before they shut it off, it should be fine when you start it up. I would pull the plugs and spray some oil down each cylinder and then replace the spark plug. Change the points and condenser. Also change the oil. You should be ready to start her up. Good luck!