View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Yankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The New Chrysler Website

Great to hear from an actual Chrysler representative, it's nice to know SOMEONE is out there listening to the customers

Many of us here probably already have heard these questions asked before, but if you could answer these questions, or at least elaborate. We've heard all sorts of rumors, but hopefully you can either confirm or deny them at least.

- When the Challenger debuts, what engines and transmissions will be available? We've heard only the V8s will be available at first. Is this true? If so, when will a V6 become available? In case you don't know by now, many of us here would like an actual honest-to-god 6-speed manual transmission (with clutch and all), at least as an option. Sorry, the "autostick" just won't do.

- What will be different from the concept and the production car? Will the "6-shooter" lights surrounding the high-beam headlights actually see production? (and by the way... what are those lights actually for? For looks? Daytime running lights? I think they're way cool, don't misunderstand... but so far no one here has been able to state their actual purpose, if they even have one).

- Do you have any idea of an actual MSRP? While we're talking MSRP, please do what you can to advise Dodge dealers NOT to do what Pontiac dealers did when the GTO came out - ridiculous markups, Fort Knox-style security around them, not allowing test drives without a substantial deposit... you get the idea. I know the initial attention will be enormous, but most people that want these cars are simple folk like myself, so please don't allow the dealers to get greedy (well, TOO greedy) and price it beyond our means.

We're ready for this car, Sean. Any more info that you're allowed to throw our way would be greatly appreciated.