Old 08-22-2007, 04:30 PM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

ORIGINAL: georgejetson

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada
there has never been a single piece of evidence to suggest that we will see a 6.4L engine in a production model any time soon...if there was ANY evidence of them putting the 6.4L into the SRT models any time soon, i may consider agreeing with your theory, but there just isnt.
"Single piece of evidence" in the sense of an official announcement from Chrysler? No, of course not. Evidence in the sense of leaks from multiple insiders with long, solid track records? You bet. I'm comfortable saying it's a done deal.

Oh, and: it's not a "theory", it's a summary of leaked info. Plans can change, of course, but it's not something I made up.

You just don't read the right boards, I guess.
you mean, i dont read the boards that spread rumors as fact...you are correct. lets not forget that the "srt engineers" who chat at one of those other sites said to watch out for big news for the challenger at the WDC..and i havent spoken to a single person who saw any big news.

so, HXC, you expect to see a production model with a 727 trans, and a dana rearend? maybe leaf springs? i mean, why else would they put them on the production model if they werent going to use them in production?

another thing, what do you drive?

i understand that MANY sites are packed full of ridiculous "leaked info"..like "my best friends wife is a waitress who works at a place where the owners husband works as a janitor at sterling stamping and he heard a floor worker talking about how he saw a shredded document that looked like it said that the production challenger would have a 6.4L hemi and only cost 30,000!!!"

the problem is that way too many people believe everything that they read...ill believe it when it hits the showroom floors. i wouldnt be surprised to see a 6.4L challenger, but its sure as hell not going to be a bargain, much in the same way that the other current "hemi cars" are no bargain.