Thread: 7.0 Hemi?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 7.0 Hemi?

Basically, this is what I say about Dodge and the reputation. When a new engine is so close to being brought out, there is usually a little more information about it on the internet. When they were testing out the 5.7 Hemi and the 6.1 Hemi, I could read about it on more places then just the message boards or on Wikipedia, actually, I don't think that was around back then. It actually came from credible sources that said they were testing out these engines, I remember the 6.1 having issues so it took them longer then they wanted to bring out that engine. Here we are sitting six months away from launch of the Challenger and suddenly there's talk of a 6.4 and a 7.0 but nothing about testing of it, no credible information other then inside sources that heard from a source that saw the mother of the CEO in the office.

Basically, what I'm saying about all of this is that I don't want to get to excited. Yeah, I have to admit that some of it's there, yeah, I would love a Challenger that cold smoke the Mustang and the Camaro with those engines, but right now I'm looking at the 5.7L sitting in a heavy car with IRS. Unless that changes, I think the Mustang with it's 300 hp is going to run about the same as the Challenger with it's 425 hp. Now the 6.1 on the other hand....