Old 08-23-2007, 05:59 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

As I was posting on the other topic that is pretty similar to this one, Dodge has a reputation. They put out overpriced cars, that's what they do. Unless this new company comes in and changes things, it's going to remain that way. You have an Avenger that's cheaper then the Stratus, but the engines are underpowered. You have an SRT-8 that's in the $40,000 price range, that's more then my 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7L SLT Sport Quad Cab was. A base Neon SRT-4 was $4,000-$5,000 more then the R/T, why are things going to change now?

The SRT would be on the same level, or near, as the Shelby line and the Shelby line took a sharp jump compared to the GT line. I can see the R/T being on the same line as the GT line, especially being that it already has more HP then the GT, so I can see it being just a little more priced as Dodge does. But when we start jumping up to the higher HP cars, we are definitely going to be paying more for them. Until I hear differently from a credible souce or see the pricing on Dodge, I'm going to go by their current reputation, which I do hope does change.