Old 08-25-2007, 09:27 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

ORIGINAL: davecpa

ORIGINAL: awsure

Huh? The company sold for this price because that's all it's worth. As painful as it is to admit Daimler dumped a lagging business unit because they had no confidence left in it. The real cost to Cerberus is not the purchase price but the cost to turn the ship around. They will FAR outspend that 7B over the next couple years.

I am obviously not picking up on the facetious tone of your post cause it's late & I am getting sleepy.
Dude you are right it was a joke. Yes i know i should keep my day job. I just dont take anything i read on this site to serious. Like my mama always said "The proof is in the pudding"... ie we shall all know in about 6 months what the price really is, unitl then i am not worried at all about it. But i do know we will look back at Mr. Wallstreets $70k number and say"what was he smoking?" I also think that if Cerberus does not turn the company around they will sell it to another car company such as Ford... omg... then they can make chally-stang auto
in red, amen!

as for the comments in blue, i think that with the initial markups, we very well may see challengers going for that, which is ridiclous...but it happened with the 40,000 GT500, and i would go so far as to say that the release of the challenger is bigger news than the release of the GT500.

comments in green...with the way that the labor unions are running every business in this country into the ground, the eventual solution to keep up with the less expensive and often more reliable overseas automakers will be a huge american firm, comprised of the big 3 working together. either that, or we will see things like nissan buying GM, toyota buying chrysler, etc...i dont know who woudl want ford...