Old 08-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Here's what I see, it all depends on what they do to determine sales and price. I have the experience in the Mustang department considering I owned both an 06 and 07. Ford saturated the market way to much and if Chrysler does the same thing, demand for the car is going to die really fast, at least for the first car brought out. People will wait until they can get this special one or that special one. Funny thing is, demand died faster then one would think. Rebates were already coming out for the 06 Mustang, 1 year later, and I was able to get my X-plan discount at the same time. They tried to feed me a line that they didn't know if they could give that to me or not, but in the end they ended up doing it.

For the first year we can expect to see gouging, but after that it's hard to say. The GT already start out at $25,840 and then you have rebates, who knows what they are going to do for the 08. It's going to be pretty stiff competition, but unless things change, Dodge has a tendency to be a little higher then the competition if you compare GT to R/T. Though it's more of a car, the R/T Charger starts at $31,315 with heavy discounts/rebates right now. More of a car, but is it really that much more? $6,000 more? If the Camaro and the Mustang are going to be around the same price and Dodge is going to keep their price that far off, I have a feeling that many people are going to be going to those two cars.