Old 02-27-2006, 04:17 PM
sambo77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will they get it right? What do you think?

I thank you for the info& input...

My main concern given the info you just gave is STILL that Dodge will not make a BUDGET/VALUE leader performance V8 varriant of the new Challenger to compete price wise directly with the base V8 model of the MUSTANG-GT at an MSRP at this time of around $25,000...
I keep hearing rumors that Dodge wants to leave this job to a V6 powered varriant and will offer only the high-end V8-Hemi powered varriants at $30,000 plus as the only V8 powered models...
I think that that would be a HUGE mistake for Dodge to make and is a part of the reason that Pontiac's recently canceled GTO at a MSRP of $33,000-$35,000 did not do as well as they had hoped for because of the large price difference between it and the v8 base model Ford MUSTANG-GT at an MSRP of $25,000.

Dodge NEEDS to make a spartan V8 powered model of the Challenger near or possibly slightly below the $25,000 MSRP of the base V8 MUSTANG-GT!!!
Dodge could do this by offering a spartan Challenger varriant with a solid live axle borrowed from the RAM p/u model line vs an IRS rear, which could save probably $2500-$3500 in production cost/MSRP, put slightly smaller steal/chromed wheels whith slightly less exspensive rubber on them likewise from the existing truck line, put very limitted/simplified options/trim packages in such a spartan V8 performance varriant, AND most of all, DO NOT MAKE THE CHALLENGER A LIMITTED PRODUCTION CAR!!!,
THAT is also what helped kill the GTO!
As a rule of marketing, like the MUSTANG, IT is better to sell 200,000 units at a profit mark up of $2500-$3500 vs selling only 15,000 units with a profit mark up of $5000-$7000 like the GTO in the long run....
The MORE Challengers Dodge builds, the LESS the developemental cost of the model & production cost of each model becomes helping to lower the MSRP to the buyer...
Wanting the Challenger to be a success, I SURELY HOPE THAT DODGE SEES AND UNDERSTANDS THAT!.....

As a blue collar type I personally can not afford to pay $35,000-$40,000 vs $25,000 for a base model V8 performance car!
Neither can many others out there and that is partly why the current base V8 Mustang-GT is selling SOOOO VERY WELLL!
A surely would hate to have to hold my nose and buy a MUSTANG-GT over the car I truly want a V8-CHALLENGER!
THATS why we need a performance V8 price competative varriant of the CHALLENGER vs a higher priced limitted production model like the GTO!

DO YOU AGREE????

YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE???...