View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 08:05 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need advice on a family car

The Acadia is a brand new model and so are most of the components and the transmission for that matter. If that does not bother you, knock yourself out. I'm generally a person who looks for a car with a long history with the expectations that it will last me 200,000 miles minimum. This is not saying that the Acadia won't last that long or better, its just there is no evidence either way at this time.

Even though minivan's may not be the vehicle you dream of owning, they are pretty nice. My mother has had two Caravan's so far and says that she never wants anything different. The newer ones have seats that fold into the floor which you can store things in when the seats are in use.

Have you looked at a Jeep Commander? They sit about the same number as a Durango. I would still consider the Durango, everyone I know that has one likes them, just don't get a 2003 model is all. I would recommend a Pacifica except that is only a six passenger (three rows of two seats), very safe and the new 4.0L equipped with the new six-speed will be fast. Although the transmission is new, the engine is based on a well proven design (the 3.5L). Plus if your buying new Chrysler is currently offering the "Lifetime Warrantee" on the powertrain. Just be sure you keep up with the necessary maintenance.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts