View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust/7.0 Hemi

Now this post went south and I couldn't come back in and see if this holds a candle to the wind or anything, which I'm sure it doesn't, but still something interesting none the less. We all heard about the Magnaflow thing back in the beginning of the 7.0 Hemi post, you know that this engine is coming out for sure, blah blah blah. Now I don't know if that's true or not, most likely not, but I am curious what rights a company may have to lable their models with performance parts that may, or may not, be fact. If a company has the license to bring out an 06 Challenger RC model, do they have a right to slap on other performance part stickers? I'm asking because I ran into a 06 Challenger RC in Wal-Mart the other day and they had a Magnaflow sticker slapped on the side of it, and Brembo.

Now the Brembo are brakes that are on the Charger SRT-8, or at least the concept as I didn't do any further research into it, and I'm not sure where the Magnaflow comes in.

Anyway, the whole point of this is to again ask are they allowed to slap performance parts stickers on a licensed use of a vehicle or do they have to get some kind of permission for that? The maker of it is Hobby Grade and here are pictures of it.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=51424