Old 09-17-2007, 10:24 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First three production Dodge Challengers to be auctioned off

My dad left my mother his 1969 1/2 440 6 Pack Super Bee Stripe Delete, all original numbers, mint condition, no rust, 11K original miles; as a kid, I didn't have an eye for the coronet body, I grew to appreciate when I got older (loved the ridiculously long nose on it and cavern it had under the hood; also the fact they gave working stiffs the ability to go fast and compete with much more expensive peers), but I loved the Chally from day 1. It looked fast (to a kid, just like a hot wheels car).

When I heard they were bringing it back, I decided I was getting one the first year they had'em. I'm not so sure Cerberus will out price them; but it could be a glut if that happens, oh well. Before Daimler took over the brought Prowler out at a tick or two over 30K (of course dealer markup was ridiculous). So I'm going to cross my fingers, hopefully find a dealer who wants to make his/her money on volume and not on gouging and hope the new owners of Chrylser are thinking strategically and not tactically with a "get a spike of revenue" kind of stuff drive interest, publicity and purchasing of the trucks/vans and other mundane vehicles.....

Create some buzz, make it affordable for kids again (at least at some level).....and truly start a new beginning for this company.

Anyhoo, if they price it too high in the first year, I am now resigned to purchase in the second year if I need. It is not an imperative, nothing's going away, and with a little luck, they'll address any bugs in the first year run by the second.