Old 09-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First three production Dodge Challengers to be auctioned off

It's going to happen. Stealers are dealers and there's nothing that we can do about it. If I were running a business and I knew that I could get killer money for something in the first few years, I might do it. But if I knew that I could get more customers and more loyal customers at that and not rape them in the process, I would go that way. Unfortunately stealers, and the manufacturer apparently, don't see it that way and the manufacturer will do nothing to keep the dealers in check.

This said, the first year the Challenger is going to be off the wall. It happened with the Mustang, the Hertz car went for a ridiculous amount, the first run of Mustangs were off the wall, why wouldn't the Challenger be the same way? They not have this auction thing going on, Mustang has no changes to it really and there is no Camaro. Why not jack up the price for something people are going to pay for? Now one year later dealers are taking the X plan for the Mustangs, they start coming out with rebates, they can't seem to give away a Mustang these days. The same thing is going to happen with the Challenger....or will it.

Here's what I worry about. The Mustang had no changes to it in the four model years it has been out, at least nothing that is worth talking about. The second year the Challenger is out it is already going to have changes that are worth talking about. The 5.7 is going to get a change to make it better which will most likely end up in this car, the 6.1 will probably be replaced by the 6.4. These changes alone will be enough to keep the price high. I would hope I'm wrong, but people always will want the newer and better, faster, more powerful vehicle out there and they will wait to get it. Others will want the first ones that are out and will get them. These two things might keep the demand for this car going and high priced for the first two years of run which is a shame. We might not see a drop for demand and some discounts until 2010, but that's just my observations and I so hope they are wrong.

The only hope I see of this not being the case is the competition with Chevy and Ford. New cars will come out and they will all compete. If any try to run the market and overprice it then it's very possible that people will leave the one and move to the other. If that happens then everything I said above may be wrong and we may see decent pricing for all vehicles. Either that or they will turn around and sell them for more money. I guess we'll wait and see.