View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 AM
topbanana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of my '72

I am the original owner of my 1972 Challenger Rallye 340 4 barrel with slap stick auto trans. I have always planned to restore the car but, unfortunately, I have lost interest in doing anything to it. I want to sell it, but have no idea what kind of money to expect. I have friends who who have suggested anywhere from $15,000 to $35,000 - so I would appreciate some honest opinions. The car is top banana yellow with black "fade away" side stripes, black vinyl top, black vinyl seats (front seat were reupholstered 30 years ago and the driver's seat has small tears and rear seat is good to excellent); carpet is original but in good/fair condition; 95,000 original miles; the engine is original except for chrome valve covers I added 32 years ago - it even has the original electronic ignition and distributor; I had a rebuilt transmission installed that has less than 1,000 miles on it now; front fenders were replaced 30 years ago; body has minimal rust; trunk pan is good; I have the original rallye wheels but have had Crager mags on it for 34 years; the car still looks great and always gets compliments when I have it out for a spin; it stills gets up and goes!
Thanks for any help you can offer.