Old 09-23-2007, 10:27 PM
ResumeSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Mr. Speed, I believe you are correct. The Charger/300 sales have plunged, and unless the updated Magnum suddenly starts selling like hotcakes (which I severely doubt), the Brapton Assembly Plant is going to have plenty of production capacity to crank out the (probably) more-popular Challenger. Hence, unless a person paints "Hey! I Paid $10,000 Over MSRP To Be The First Kid On My Block To Get A Challenger!" there is absolutely no reason not to wait several months to buy one.
One has to only follow the history of earlier SRT8 models to see how the Challenger SRT8 is going to pan out in the marketplace. In the spring of 2005 when the 300C SRT8 was launched, supplies were very tight as production slowly ramped up. Some dealers were getting as much as 5-10k or better over sticker, and many buyers were paying the premium. During the rest of 2005 premiums were still being sought by greedy dealers, but you could still find 300's at MSRP, and at the right dealer sometimes even below sticker. It only took about a year for supply to catch up with demand, as by the end of the 2006 model year dealers had plenty in stock. Same thing with the other SRT8 models like the Charger and Grand Cherokee.

SRT8 models have always been produced in somewhat limited numbers, the Challenger will be no different, but history has proven that waiting awhile until the initial demand wears off really pays off from a financial standpoint. If you want to be one of the first to own a Challenger SRT then you might as well start practicing bending over and touching your toes every chance you get.

The Challenger is without question going to help the Brampton plant get through the sales slowdown as the current LX generation winds down. The Challenger was built to make money, and that's exactly why they are going to try and sell as many as they can. Production volume will be determined by sales and demand, but monitored closely so as not to over-build.