Old 03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
sambo77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will they get it right? What do you think?

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

I couldn't find the precise breakdown, but I have seen and heard that the V6 'Stangs outsell the V8 GTs by a fairly large margin. The GT may get the press and attention, but the bread and butter is provided by the V6 entry level version. I wouldn't expect it to be any significantly different with the Challenger.
From what I have read, the reason the v6 is out selling the V8 Mustang is that Ford original marketing split was something like a 25% to 75% split v8 versus v6 split.
BUT demand was SOOO HIGH and dealers wer selling out of the baseV8 GT models that Ford had to double up on the production of the baseV8 variant of the Mustang-GT!

Now the production split is more like 40% to 60% v8 to v6 ratio.....

THAT is what I am saying....

DODGE NEEDS A BASE "V8" MODEL OF THE CHALLENGER @ THE SAME $25,000-$27,000 MSRP PRICE RANGE OF THE CURRENT BASEV8 MUSTANG-GT TO COMPETE AS WELL AS THE HIGH-END LIMITTED PRODUCTION TO COMPETE AGAINST THE HIGH-END MUSTANG-GT500/COBRA MODEL AS WELL AS THE V6 CHALLENGER VERSUS THE V6 MUSTANG AS WELL!!!

IF the Challenger is to be a TRUE economic/marketing success for Dodge, THAT is the way to DO it....