Old 03-02-2006, 06:22 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will they get it right? What do you think?

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

I couldn't find the precise breakdown, but I have seen and heard that the V6 'Stangs outsell the V8 GTs by a fairly large margin. The GT may get the press and attention, but the bread and butter is provided by the V6 entry level version. I wouldn't expect it to be any significantly different with the Challenger.
sambo77, what TeeWJay426 has listed here is what I have always heard. I believe you didn't understand what I had meant. I meant that although Chrysler COULD make a budget V8 version of the 5.7L model without taking away from its power by removing luxury options like standard leather interior and other stuff like they have with the HEMI-equipped LX cars, but knowing their marketing strategy, they probably won't unfortuneatly. My question to you is, what is the matter with offering a V6 with enough hp & tq to rival the Mustang GT's acceleration and with the possibility of it still rivaling the Mustang V6s price tag? With Chrysler's current engine line-up the 5.7L HEMI is actually the budget V8. The 4.7L, though less powerful is more expensive to build than the 5.7L is; therefore, making that engine a budget model wouldn't work, not to mention the cost it would take to make that engine powerful enough to compete against the Mustang GT engine. Back a few years ago, Chrysler was considering to make a replacement to the Prowler called the "Howler," which offered a slightly modified 4.7L V8 and a 6 speed manual. They found that the 3.5L/42RLE match up to be faster than the that match up. It just wouldn't make sense to do this with the 4.7L V8.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts