View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Yankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW on the Dodge Site!

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I am guessing but I believe it is because of a lack of time. You have to stiffen the chassis for a convertible and that adds time and cost.

After a couple of years I would think they would add it. They are just trying to beat everybody else to the pony war race. Camaro is on their heels.
True... but there's still no real reason they couldn't have a convertible model if they really wanted one. All of the original Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs, Challengers and (E-body) Cudas all had a convertible model in their first year... Chevy has already been parading around their concept Camaro convertible for several months now - even though it still won't be out for a couple of years, at least we know they'll have one.

Bottom line, Dodge COULD have a convertible Challenger if they wanted to make one. Why this isn't such an issue for the Ford Mustang and the new Chevy Camaro but it is for a new Challenger is still a mystery - and again, why they seemingly refuse to even entertain the idea is even more baffling. I mean, it's not like we're asking for something ludicrous like a station wagon model or something equally ridiculous... [&:]