Old 09-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW on the Dodge Site!

Please see this post: https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=16716

It is talking about cost cutting.

if they really wanted one
That is not a way to make a business decision. It has to be a business need and not a want.

All of the original Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs, Challengers and (E-body) Cudas all had a convertible model in their first year... Chevy has already been parading around their concept Camaro convertible for several months now - even though it still won't be out for a couple of years, at least we know they'll have one.
What they did in the past was a different business case and you cannot compare that to now. Business is different now. I would not be surprised if they don't have one
in a couple of years but they are just highly focused on the now.

Why this isn't such an issue for the Ford Mustang and the new Chevy Camaro
Ford and expect to do it as they have been making this car for a long time and as for Camaro it is just vaporware.....they don't have one yet. Anybody can make a one of car to show the world.

why they seemingly refuse to even entertain the idea is even more baffling
They are in the business to make money and not entertain ideas and are more secretive than other car manufacturers.

I would suggest being patient.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.