View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 02:37 PM
trep01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger Rallye - 340 4BL

Hi, I'm new to the forum so if I'm posting in the wrong area my appologies. Anyway, I purchsed a 1973 Challenger Rallye with a 340 4BL. The car has less than 28,000 original miles on it. The prior owner had the car in storage for the past five years and hadn't started it in as many years. I towed the car to my home and over the past 4 weeks systematically addressed each aspect of the engine to the point of starting it today. The car idled rough at first but evened out and was running quite well......until the coolent broke loose from the engine. I can't tell where the leak is coming from but it appears it's coming from under the block on the left (driver's) side and in the back of the engine. It looks like it between the engine and bell housing of the transmition. The entire system emptied in about 3-5 minutes and when I put a hose in the radiator it comes out just as fast as it goes in.

Would anyone have any idea of what could have posssibly happened? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.