View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW on the Dodge Site!

Take the Viper as another example. Did Dodge really NEED to build an outrageously fast 2-seater? From strictly a business standpoint, I would say no, it didn't.
You are again taking an old car, the Viper. 1st Production started in 1993 and the concept car before that. Again a different time and era (14 years ago). The economy wasn't so global as it is now and fewer MBA's in existance.

Chrysler needed it to go after it's nemesis the Corvette back then and prove to the American public they could.

Cerebus is being financially very cautious and trying to make good business decisions for its stock or financial holders.

I agree that I think they could get more marketshare but they have to take everything into consideration such as financials, time to market, manufacturability, limited resources, etc.

You first have to build it and build it well and then grow. Crawl before you walk

I would not be suprised to see one in 2009.....but just a few but I am just guessing.

THis is a different global economy that we live it than back in the day when bean counters were not as important and engineers had more control.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.