Old 03-03-2006, 10:21 AM
sambo77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will they get it right? What do you think?

I understand what you are saying BUT most people who buya base model V8 pony/muscle car like the base V8 Mustang -GT do so not only for the performance of the V8, and there would be nothing wrong with Dodge making a base performance high-output V6 that would rival the base V8 model performance wise, but many people ALSO want the deep rumble sound of a V8 as well as the performance and the perception of the performance associated with normally with a V8. THESE people, myself icluded, would rather have a base model v8 Challenger variant to compete with the base modelV8 Mustang-GT instead of a V6 Challenger. AND these same people would possibly choose a $25,000-$27,000 MSRP baseV8 model Mustang-GT over a $24,000-$26,000 V6-Challenger, or a higher end $33,000-$35,000 6.1 Hemi-V8 Challenger variant as well... Dodge will LOOSE these blue collar entry level V8-motorheads to Ford, and there is alot of us out here.... We would much rather have a base V8 Challenger, but if forced to buy this kind of un-wise "selective" marketing, we will reluctantly hold or noses and buy a base model"V8" Mustang GT....[&o]

We would rather a 5.7-V8 Hemi-Challenger to compete against a BaseV8-Mustang-GT...

WHY CAN'T or WHY WOULDN'T DODGE DO THIS????[&:]

It seems like a HUGE mistake to do otherwise to me....[:@]