Old 03-03-2006, 02:03 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will they get it right? What do you think?

Well look at what they just did with the Charger. Their "Premium Leather" interior was standard as well as other premium options came standard with the HEMI in the Charger. I'm afraid they are going to do the same thing all over again if they offer a 5.7L model. I just have doubts that they will price them the same. In case you haven't noticed, since Plymouth was discontinued, Dodge has become more expensive and is more luxurious. The problem is the Dodge division is not made to compete with Ford, that was Plymouth's position. Ford is a budget brand, just like Plymouth and Chevrolet are. Dodge is a performance brand with an increasing level of luxury. Dodge is probably going to be more expensive no matter what in this case. I think Dodge will offer the 5.7L V8 in their line-up; however, I doubt the price will be around the same as the Mustang GT's price. I would like it if Dodge would, I just have my doubts.

BTW, have you ever heard a 3.5L powered Charger with an aftermarket exhaust? They sound very meaty.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts