View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:25 PM
RoswellGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A '70 on "Leno's Garage"

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I think many Challengers that have been rebuilt are now better than when they came off the assembly line.
I was half of my high school's two-person entry in the Plymouth Troubleshooting Contest in 1973 (in the contest itself, we wound up in first place in the written division for the state of Iowa and eighth place overall -- I even still have the little trophy we each got for that. The school got a big one that's probably still in some trophy case). At any rate, to prepare for the contest, one of the Plymouth dealers in Des Moines loaned all the schools in the city that were competing brand-new Plymouth Furies to practice on. In addition to our after-school practice on the car, the auto shop teacher used it in class to demonstrate different things. It was amazing just how much stuff was wrong with that car -- bolts that weren't tightened properly, lights that weren't hooked up properly, screws that obviously should have been in the car that simply weren't there, etc., etc., etc. By the time we sent it back to the dealership, the car was like it should have been when it rolled out of the factory. All things considered, I'm glad I didn't buy my Challenger new. Whoever had it first probably had to get a lot of flaws taken care of. I know I had my share to deal with.