Old 10-04-2007, 07:10 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looks like I'll have to SC my Challenger Now

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

you wont need forced induction to get 445 bhp out of a challenger. keep in mind, some dodge mags, as well as one of the big ones (C&D or MT) dyno'd the 6.1L hemi and got something like 455-460 at the crank...if the roush cars make an honest 445 at the crank, the only thing hurting the challenger will be the weight, which can be overcome with some minor work like headers.
You're right, the 6.1L produced around 467hp I believe in that test. Also remember that the Challenger concept photos show an exposed K&N filter that is not found on the other SRT-8 models. It could be possible that the stock Challenger with the 6.1L might be slightly modified more than the other SRT-8s on the market.

I'm also beginning to wonder if they Challenger will not lose some weight when it is introduced. The G8 weighs a similar amount as the LX cars yet the Camaro is supposed to weigh less than the G8. It could be possible that the Challenger might lose a little weight from its concept model.

I'm sure though that Paladin will probably supercharge it anyway, some people always just want to maximize the engine's output anyways and that is a good thing because it creates a stronger aftermarket to shop from. In all truth, who really NEEDs the 6.1L in the Challenger. The truth of the matter is the 5.7L will be sufficient for most people's NEEDs, but who doesn't want more than standard power. I personally will do a few small mods, but nothing dramatic like a supercharger (at least not in the beginning).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts