View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:47 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How potentially embarrassing is this?

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Man, everyone is going on strike. The hollywood writers are going to go on strike. They won't put themselves out of a job, but all the production people and post production people will be out of work, and they have no say. That means my wife will be out of a job.

Writers are being greedy, wanting residuals even when not making a profit. Also what this will mean is most likely the producers will cave, the writers will get more money, and so they will have to cut costs elsewhere, that means they will outsource to Canada and other countries more often, therefore all the production and post production people will lose their jobs.

Writers are going on strike? Why do they even have the power to even do that? Most of the writing anymore is so terrible and crappy using worn out jokes that weren't even funny the first time. I'd be afraid of losing my job if I were a writer. There are more humorous things done by nobodies on the Internet than the slop on TV and movies these days. Sorry to hear about the troubles your wife will be going through. If I was incharge, I would outsource the writing maybe a pile of nonsense will make more sense then the stuff my make-up nowdays.

I agree with Paladin, they are going to strike themselves into the unemployment line. If I were incharge I would try to scare the pants off of the mob (excuse me "union") leg breakers by threatening to outsource if they don't start being more reasonable.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts