Old 10-08-2007, 08:53 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Second Chally off Production Line On Sale On Ebay

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

-- Auction winner who paid $600,000 for 2007 Shelby GT500 coupe VIN#0002 at the 35th Anniversary Barrett-Jackson "World's Greatest Collector Car Event" in Scottsdale, Ariz.

If my math is correct that's nearly 3.5 times more than "Chally #2" went for at auction!!! To what do you Mopar-or-NoCar heads attribute this most embarassing schlacking to?

Ford Shelby GT500: Kickin @ss and taking names...on the road AND at the auction block!
My understanding is that the Ebay auction for Challenger #2 was open ONLY to dealers, where the GT500 auction was open to anyone. Rest assured, Challenger #2 WILL be resold for a sizable profit to a private buyer, NOT unlike the Shelby GT500 mentioned in the previous post. That sale will probably go unnoticed by the media circus that surrounded the auctions.

Consider what Ford and their dealers have been doing to their customers - marking up the Shelby's by 35-50% over MSRP. Do you think it's honorable to gouge the customers - the same people who've made the Mustang what it is - by offering a "limited edition" model ONLY if they're willing to pay a HUGE markup (and stuff the dealerships pockets full of cash)?

And exactly HOW limited is the Shelby GT500 edition? (I still see dozens of them listed on Ebay - and STILL for well over MSRP!) We have the Shelby GT, the Shelby GT500, the Shelby GT500KR, the Shelby GT SuperSnake, the Shelby GT-H, the Shelby CS6, ......and we haven't mentioned the Roush Mustangs, the Saleen Mustangs......the list goes on and on "ad nauseum". How many of each are being made? Does anyone know? Were all of these "variants" available or even mentioned when the $600,000.00 Shelby GT500 #00002 was auctioned off?

To answer your question, "To what do you Mopar-or-NoCar heads attribute this most embarassing schlacking to?", the answer is in two quotes:
"A fool and his money are soon parted" - Thomas Tusser (1524-1590), and
"There's a sucker born every minute" - accredited to P T Barnum (1810-1891).
If there's ANY embarassment felt, it should be by the poor bastage who spent $600K for Shelby GT500 #00002. He thought he was getting something rare...... Was HE wrong!?!?!?!?