Old 10-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Albeeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Second Chally off Production Line On Sale On Ebay

That's a good point about the gap in price...but my point earlier was that Dodge's best vs Ford's best ain't even a contest my friend! BTW, what do you think modifying a Viper would do to it's re-sale value? My guess is it would decrease the value of the Viper significantly. So now you've thrown away all that money on a potential re-sale just to gain a few 10ths of a second 0-60??? Given the opportunity I'd take a Ford GT over a Dodge Viper any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The Ford 500/Edsel is an obvious embarassment, I'll certainly agree with that. That's why they re-branded it and it's now a 2008 Taurus. I'll go out on a limb here and say that by doing exactly that, it will ultimately lead to more sales of the 500/Edsel/Taurus!

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

@ almost half the price, should the Viper not be in the GT's Mirror? An unmolested production Viper w/ numbers close enough to the production GT could certainly surpass it with ease for cool 20G in aftermarket investments, leaving the owner still w/ a 50G savings at the end of the day! They could use that to purchase a Challenger!

I've always like Chrysler for their performance value and styling. Which begs the question on the Ford 500? Did they Ford feel compelled to have an Edsel of this century or what? ;-)