Old 10-15-2007, 01:32 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New models fill the lots- Latest trends include sleeker look, amenities

ORIGINAL: awsure

I hope we do not get too nutty on aerodynamics because the ultimate shape is an airplane wing (bluntly rounded front end tailing to a point in the rear) & I really do not want to drive something that boring. [:'(]
It depends on how much effort is put into the front end. The LH cars like my Intrepid are quite aerodynamic; however, they still added a nice sized grille to keep it interesting. You are right though that aerodynamics can cause manufacturers to go to an extreme and the result can be ugly. Take the 96 Taurus for an example, it was pretty aerodynamic maybe more than the previous model was but it was not very easy on the eye. The 86-91 Taurus was very aerodynamic and wasn't the best looking car in the world, but it was a breathe of fresh air for its day and for its day not half bad looking.

The reason why I welcome the return of aerodynamics is I think some models are getting too boxy (Nitro, Escape, Dakota, Durango, etc.).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts