Old 03-06-2006, 09:58 PM
RoswellGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will they get it right? What do you think?

First of all, I'm new, so hi everyone.

Personally, I hope the new Challenger is available with a V-6 automatic. I am going to have to put my car into regular daily use in a large city (San Antonio, Texas) with lots of stop-and-go driving, gas prices already on the road back up (from $1.97 in late December to $2.14 last night to $2.25 tonight) and already ghastly insurance costs (being 150 miles from the Mexican border, lots and lots and lots of cars here get stolen, chopped and the parts shipped south).

Between 1974 and 2001 when it got totaled (by of all things a '98 Avenger), I owned a 1970 Challenger with a 318. The reason I bought it was (a) Vanishing Point came out the year I took driver's ed, (b) I had exactly $1,600 in the bank and that's what they wanted for it and (c) the fact that I consider the '70 Challenger the best-looking car ever built. Believe me, you get the R/T insignia and put it on a '70 Challenger (which, of course, I did) and people don't even want to run you -- unless you happen to pull up alongside a REAL R/T.

Also now, at age 50, I doubt I'll be in many races. I just want the new Challenger because it's so beautiful.