View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 08:32 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler pondering what Models to Cut

No similarities what so ever in the Camry and LX cars. I trying to allude to the marketing decision to off a 2 dr version in the form of the Solara...

I think it makes a lot of sense to offer 2dr version of popular 4dr sedans.......that's all.....I was just using Toyota as an example, because they are one of the first in recent history to have the intelligence to expand a popular automobile to another demo who likes 2 dr cars....

I know the whole reason behind not offering the Charger as a 2 dr was because there was no platform and it would have required an additional investment in tooling up, designing and developing the other chasis....my point is now they have made this investment...don't get pigeon holed in "what kept you from doing it originally", I've seen it my business, a team will not do something because at a particular time there are obstacles or it's just flat out not possible...then things will change and they'll forget to re-approach....hell, I've done it myself...then something clicks and I figure "whoa, I can do it this way now 'cause I can now"....

Hopefully Chrysler will have enough vision to make the most of this platform, and find some winners on the same platform....as for why a 300c Coupe....if they're axing the Sebring coupe.....why not replace it w/ another tight ride....I think the 300c would look good as a 2dr and you could have a sport lux w/ some mopar soul to make it roll........