View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 05:48 AM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger designers love blog readers

My brother in law had Guillain-Barre Syndrome and he was a big guy that used to play high school/college football and he became totally paralyzed.

Characterized by muscle weakness, paralysis of the limbs and breathing muscles, onset of the disorder is sudden and unexpected. GBS can develop over hours or days, or may take up to a month. Symptoms are progressive, increasing in intensity until certain muscles can't be used at all. Occassionally, a patient can become almost totally paralysed.

He went from 225 lbs to 130 lbs and he was nothing but bones. It took him 6 months before he could walk and another year before he could play sports again.

I had an older friend who also had a hip replacement.....fortunately he is back to riding bikes but only after long hard recovery.

You are right in saying we should never take any for granted again.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.