View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:20 AM
ResumeSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rumors- Who to Believe?

ORIGINAL: RLSH700
I know this is extremely vague, but at this point this is all the info and discription I have available. My question is what kind of engine the Eagle would be 4 valve or an updated Hemi.
Vague with some inaccuracies, try this (bookmark post and check back whenever official info becomes available):

'09 SRT8 models will be introduced with the 6.1L engine. No such engine as a "6.5". NEXT SRT8 engine will be the 6.4L. None of the 2009 model SRT engines will have MDS.

Five different rear axle ratios will be used on the Challenger, with the lowest gears going on the SRT8 6-speed followed by slightly higher gears on the R/T 6-speed. R/T and SRT will have anti-spin rear diff's.

'09 Challengers will offer the 6-speed TREMEC MT in both the R/T and SRT models. 5-speed W5A580 automatics will also be available in both vehicles.

'09 R/T and SRT models will feature an all-new "Keyless Go" ignition system. This means push-button start and also proximity entry wherein the key fob does not have to be pressed to unlock the doors.

R/T models will have heavy-duty brakes, SRT8 models will have Brembo's. Both get rear spoilers. R/T gets all-new 5.7 VCT Hemi.

'09 base models will offer only the 3.5L HO V6 engine, mated with the 4-speed 42RLE transmission.

The '08-'09 Challenger general features and options are almost identical to that of the 2008 Charger SXT, R/T and SRT's (i.e. MyGIG, Boston audio, sat radio, remote start, heated seats, HID's, lighted map pockets and cupholders, UConnect, side air bags, tilt/tele steering wheel, etc.). No Challenger will have a spare tire.

The new family of engines "named after a bird" are the Phoenix engines. The first of these new engines, V6 versions, will start to debut in Chrysler models in the 2010 model year. V8 variants will follow after that. The V6 models will be 3.0L, 3.3L, 3.6L, and 4.0L. Most will feature VVT and MDS, a couple will be DI (Direct Injection). A 3.6L Phoenix hybrid-electric variant is scheduled for the minivans as well as some other vehicles.