Old 10-24-2007, 04:06 AM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Caliber’s UK plan gets canned; Tyre safety gong for Auto Express; Parking cam’s bird’s eye view

Hot Caliber’s UK plan gets canned; Tyre safety gong for Auto Express; Parking cam’s bird’s eye view

24th October 2007

Hot version of Caliber (above) is to stay Stateside

Hot Caliber’s UK plan gets canned
There’s bad news for hot hatch fans – US giant Dodge has decided not to bring its powerful Caliber SRT-4 to the UK.

With 285bhp, it’s the most potent front-wheel-drive family car available, and a 0-60mph time of six seconds humbles the best opponents from Europe. An aggressive bodykit, 19-inch alloy wheels and a deep bonnet scoop, mean it turns heads, too.

Sadly, managers at the firm have claimed it would be too costly to convert to right-hand drive. The news comes on the back of the company’s decision not to bring the Challenger muscle car here.

Tyre safety gong for Auto Express
The tyre industry has hailed Auto Express’s contribution to road safety by presenting its top honour to the magazine. For the first time, the TyreSafe special award went to an organisation outside the industry.

We scooped the prize at a ceremony in Birmingham that was attended by senior executives from the likes of Pirelli, Goodyear Dunlop, Continental and Michelin.

Presenting the award to news and features editor Mat Watson, TyreSafe chairman Rob Beddis said: “We wanted to reward the magazine for its
continued commitment to promoting tyre safety.”

Parking cam’s bird’s eye view
Nissan can now give you eyes in the back, and side, of your head. Thanks to its new Around View Monitor, parking will no longer be a pain. Using four cameras and hi-tech electronics, it offers drivers a unique bird’s-eye view.

By looking at a dash-mounted screen, those behind the wheel will be able to place their motor with pinpoint accuracy. And to make it easier still, the gadget overlays the ‘real’ colour image with computer-generated guidelines. The kit will appear first on the luxurious Infiniti EX35, which is expected to arrive in the UK next year.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.