Old 10-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why do people buy muscle cars automatic?

I think I'm one of the very few people that don't mind driving a manual in traffic. To me that's even more connection with the car because you are definitely controlling it. Now I can imagine with some really heavy pedals that it would probably suck, but now that we are getting more away from cable to hydraulic, the pedal isn't as heavy as they use to be. I can say that might not be as true in the muscle cars. I went from the Ram to the Mustang and found the clutch to be equally heavy. Sad to say, I guess, I was pleasantly surprised. Guess I'm one who likes a challenge with the pedal. I'm sure as I continue to age that will no longer be the case.

Yes, I got the same disappointment when we learned that there will be no sticks for the first release of the Challenger. That's ok though because I pretty much made up my decision to wait for both the new engines and the crazy markup that will come with the first release, though in a matter of speaking the 09 will be a first release also....with the stick and new engines that is.