Old 10-29-2007, 03:29 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where the US stands in relation to the Middle East problems-great article!

This summer I dealt with this issue quite a bit and anyone who thinks that this issue is just going to go away over night or disappear if we just quit tomorrow is gravelly mistaken. There have been many decisions that both parties have made which I think were mistakes, but ultimately I believe we need to finish what problem we are facing now because it will not go away on its own. We are going to have difficult times in the future, that is for sure. A lot of our problems have been due to a lack of foresight on our part, the rest is due to being vain and selfish. What defines character though is trials and overcoming them. As time has passed, I see less and less character being developed in people and if it gets anyless, something is going to give. As much as I don't want to see our country go through a serious challenge, it might take that to help us regain our character.

I think my generation needs a challenge to help us be a whole lot less selfish and childish. I think this could be the defining time to say whether my generation has the potential to define themselves in a good light or decides to give into the temptation to do nothing. They need to prove that they have the capacity to contribute at least half of what the depression era gave during their challenge. What disturbs me is when I hear people in my generation who essenially have never done anything productive in their lives pass judgement on the depression generation for a few things that they don't like about how they executed WWII. These people lack the capability to understand what world they grew up in and fail to understand how to successfully execute a war like that. It isn't by doing it the way that some of these phony movies protray were if we just sit down and talk everything will be perfect and we will all sing kumbya together. The error in this thinking is they fail to understand what mad men want and what extent they will go for world domination. They don't want peace, they want absolute control.

What people need to understand is that 9/11 was not the first attack, it was the point when our country half-way opened one eye. We had multiple issues with terrorism before this. There were attacks all through the 90s, some attacks against our military during the 80s, issues like the Iran hostage crisis in the 70s, potential ties between assissins during the 60s, etc. We need to realize that what we are involved in is serious and we need to take it more seriously.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts