View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SEMA 2007 - Chrysler Barracuda?

ORIGINAL: Yankee

Guys, guys... it's just a MOCKUP. Yes it has some parts that are derivative of other cars (I'm really not seeing the Sebring analogy, unless you mean it looking like an even uglier Saturn Ion - in that case I'm right with ya). If it ever does make production I seriously doubt it'll have the 300's dash, I'm sure that's just something they threw in there so it would have something... I at least applaud the idea if nothing else.

Give them some more time to work on it and I'm sure they could really come up with something we all like.
What I mean by the Sebring analogy is to me the Sebring took a lot of styling cues from other models they were trying to compete directly against. The rear lights reminds me of a Solara, the front reminds me of the previous generation Camry, the side reminds me of the last generation Grand Am, and it simply didn't look like a lot of original effort was put into the car in terms of styling. The previous generation had, but this one hadn't.

In the case of the Challenger, the Challenger looks original yet innovative and new. It doesn't look like a rip off of anything else. This Cuda concept looks like they took styling cues from their competition and tried to implement it just like I believe they did with the Sebring.

Another article I read later said that they just pretty much took a LX platform and put this shell on it. That explains the dash. They still would need a different dash though. Having the same dash as the Challenger would be a mistake. Chrysler has been criticized for years for making cars too much alike, just switching the tail lights and badges. They would need a different dash to distinguish the two.
In short, please don't get your hopes up. I'm afraid this is possibly the only time you will see at this point a Chrysler Cuda.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts