Old 03-08-2006, 08:58 PM
sambo77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will they get it right? What do you think?

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

[
Look sambo77, I am agreeing with you. I'm just saying here is what Dodge has been doing in the last few years. I'm just pointing out what I think Dodge is going to do based on their current behavior, which I question. I agree it would be a wise idea to mass produce this car, with multiple engine options including the 5.7L and a V6. I disagree with much of Dodge's strategies and have tons of ideas how they can fix this problem.

You are right that it is wiser to mass produce this car and I don't know why they didn't mass produce other past cars (like the Prowler). I doubt that if they do everything correctly that they will be able to sell as many as Ford because the Mustang is more well known. Does this mean I believe they should make it a limited production car? NO!!! I believe they should at least produce some where around 100,000 units or more, pricing them comparatively to Ford. The problem is if they produce too much, then they're screwed. They made that mistake back in the 70s and it just about put them under. They need to test the market with somewhere close to 100,000 units for the first year, priced competitively, and see how they sell.

The thing you need to understand is how marketing works. Dodge wants to uphold their "superior product" image. The problem is they are wanting to do this at a cost of auto sales. Now back when they had Plymouth, this was okay because Plymouth was the bargin breaking brand. Now that Plymouth is gone, they can't do this as effectively but they still want to do this. It is a mistake, but they do it anyways.

I can't stress enough how much I want Dodge to mass produce the Challenger for everyone's benefit, including their own; however, they might not do it because they want to uphold this image, and that is a problem. They have done so well in the Sedan market by selling cars with excellent preformance for a price that blows their competition away. They should do the same with the coupe market, and loose their obession with offering luxury options and let the Challenger be purely about brute performance at a competitive price.
[/quote]

THANK YOU....

I see what you are saying now...

I , like you, THINK that this approach by Dodge is a problem and could end up being a very huge mistake for them...

I seriously hope & PRAY that maybe, JUST maybe that someone from management will read our words and GET A CLUE as to how to make this AWESOME car the Challenger the RIGHT way....

The Challenger is a very AWESOME concept, bigger than I think many realize and could end up being the new segment leader & trend setter for the next 10-15 years of coupes & pony/muscle/ cars to come to market....