Old 11-03-2007, 12:14 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It's Official: Chrysler Crossfire, Pacifica, PT Cruiser Convertible and Dodge Magnum Are History

ORIGINAL: Yankee

I had read in a few other blogs that the Durango (and presumably the Aspen) would be gone after 09... guess this means they've perhaps gotten a stay of execution?

I agree with all of the choices except one: the Magnum. I think it's a damn shame that car is on the chopping block (instead of that god-awful Compass). Guess sales weren't what Dodge was expecting, but that car is definitely the coolest wagon ever made since the 1955-57 Chevy Nomad.
Well the problem was they weren't selling very well. The Magnum is about one of the only station wagons I consider to be cool, but I believe the problem was still the fact that it was infact a full-sized station wagon and those are simply a thing of the past in terms of popularity. What I see a lot of is people who say they liked them, but none of them actually bought one. I hate to see the Pacifica go as I believe it has a lot of potential, they just needed to take a different approach. The Crossfire I will not miss, I hate cars that are purely rebadged versions of other manufactures. If I want a Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Renault, etc. I'll buy one of those under their own badge, but when I'm wanting to buy a Chrysler, I want to buy a Chrysler. The Pt Crusier needs an update, and if Chrysler wants to prevent all of their products from changing from a star to an old dog, they need to invest in them once in a while or at least use their newer technology in all of their models instead of just the latest models. The Durango and Aspen are about to receive a hybrid version so I doubt they will drop it a year after putting in an investment of that magnatude.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts