Old 11-03-2007, 02:15 PM
340convert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

My main concern is that Chrysler makes the ultimate mistake and outprice the car out of the genre's range. Pony car competition Mustant GT) sells in the 20,000 to 35,000 range with a Shelby version costing 40000. The new Camaro is slated for the low to mid 30,s range The car will falter if they price everyone out of it and allow dealers to scalp as is usually the case. It needs to be in reasonable price range to sell well. I love the new challenger, having owned over 15 of them (not at same time) and would like to buy this one. I would pass on it for the Mustang GT if the price gets to 40000 or above. Just not worth it.
Secondly, looking at the purchase survey, would that many people want a hemi? The car will need a strong V6 and mabe even a smaller v8. Love the hemi, but not everyone will want one with this engine, so lets get real.
I am also hearing that they will initially sell only automatics. Is this true? And would a convertable version be over 50,000? Your starting to get into the BMW convertable range. This should never happen.
I will wait till Feb and see what happens. Just not into getting raked over the dealer coals to purchase a car this expensive. I hope Chysler does the right thing and make enough copies available at a reasonable price for people to enjoy. Does anyone else fee this way?