Thread: Anti-V6?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 04:21 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anti-V6?

The simple fact is the Challenger will have to have one of two approaches: one that is mass produced which includes the production of V6 engines, or one that is a limited production that features only V8s. A V8 only approach cannot be mass produced because the insurance and price would be too high for most people to purchase. If they produce only V8s in a mass produced version, they would be glued to the floor after people saw the sticker price. I know some people have something against the Challenger having a V6 (I honestly can't see why) because they are afraid it will hurt the performance image and they will become too common. Remember that the original Challenger had a slant six and it was nowhere near as powerful as any V6 that they might drop in. The Challenger needs a V6.

mac, the 5.7L has the same system as GM has on some of their V8s. Flex-Fuel currently is limited to the 4.7L Powertech, the 2.7L V6, and 3.3L V6. I doubt any of these engines will be offered on the Challenger, but I'm sure it could be done if Chrysler wanted to make in the investment to any of the other engines they will offer.

forced entry, the problem is the emission laws will never allow leaded gasoline to be used. The catalytic converts cannot handle leaded gasoline and those are required by law. Not to mention that a problem with leaded gasoline is it can leave deposites.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts