View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:27 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ford shows new Bullitt Mustang

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

31K is actually not a bad price for this at all. In the scheme of things. The Premium GT is close to that amount. Plus you get more on this as far as performance. 3:73 gears, CAI, better suspension and a few other mods, and will be warrantied.

And it comes in green. Fastest color.

If this had come out when I bought mine, I would have got this one.
I guess it depends on what area you are located in. In the St. Louis area, a Premium GT costs only $27K standard (granted I know it could easily reach this price level as Jeremiah mentioned that his son paid around $32K for his), which is pretty well loaded. I guess it isn't so bad as I originally thought, but I still think that it is a waste of resources when they have already to a degree offered pretty much the same upgrades twice now with the Shelby GT and the Hertz GT-H versions.

I think it would be wiser to offer either a Boss or Mach 1 to reach an audience that wants more than a 15-20hp upgrade via an exhaust and air intake means. The movie fan model in my opinion holds less significance and name recognition than the Boss and the Mach 1 names do.

I guess I also feel skeptical about the whole Bullit GT after seeing the last generation's Bullit GT being questionably better than the normal GT. Some of the track stats appear to hint to the fact that the previous Bullit GT might have been slower than the normal GT which means it would be $5K out of you pocket for nothing other than a name.

Also something I just thought about Jeremiah, Hemis seem to sound alike no matter what generation or engine design is used (straight or V). I was looking up videos on the Australian Valiant Charger and it showed a person driving a 265 six-pack Hemi I6 and at higher rpms, it had the unique Hemi note.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts