Old 11-12-2007, 12:44 PM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For all of you concerned with gas guzzling engines in the Challenger.....your time has come.

These were initially being proposed at $60K. That's 33% more than a top of the line challenger. Between the two, I have made my decision.

I'm buying the SRT Chally for all the wrong reasons and that's a large part of the purchase decision. Again though if it weren't there, I'd delight in dusting conventional muscle cars while being some twisted throttle happy, tree hugger type.

I'm not about saving the planet, man.....(though that's an admirable objective)

but hey, if you can get your kicks for relatively cheap (when you add up the TCO) and not fund the enemies of western civilization, then why not? It's does not have to be about some Ralph Nader/Al Gore eco/ego trip. (Read State of Fear, by Mike Creighton)

If I can go fast w/o emboldening and empowering America's enemies, aren't I obligated to do such? And being that Electricity is largely produced by American energy resources (Coal, thank you great State of WV and go Mountaineers! Hydroelectric Plants Thank you Nevada/NY/Washington/PA and all others) this money gets pumped back into our own economy. It's a politically responsible and patriotic endeavor as well.

W/ all this delineated, I'm still getting the Gas guzzler, paying the penalty taxes and enjoying every minute of it. But I would certainly not knock anyone who took the next bold step and purchased the next gen in automobile (yes I know they had electric cars at the turn of the 20th century) but this incarnation. I would liken this to purchasing an internal combustion engine over a Stanley Steamer back in the early 1900s.

Have to admit, not sure how the battery packs are crash proofed and that's another valid point.