Old 11-13-2007, 04:03 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For all of you concerned with gas guzzling engines in the Challenger.....your time has come.

That's fine, I see this as a friendly discussion, at worst a very mild debate, but not necessarily an argument.

Okay, what I was mostly refering to was the SMART, not that electric car. Did you say that those electric cars cost around $60,000? If so it would take a little over 6 years to make up the difference between that and a Charger SRT-8 (since that would be about the closest match to the Challenger), not taking into account the expense of the electricity and the extreme expense of replacing the battery packs. (The Charger SRT-8 is stated at costing $38,820 which I rounded up to $39K and the annual fuel cost is rated at $3222 a year according to http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/sbs.htm) Those are very expensive to replace. That is another reason why I'm not sold on those cars. If someone wants to get one, more power to them but don't add me to the list.

I know about the fear of freezing during the 70s as my parents taught me about that to demostrate why it is important not to believe everything that "experts" say. My theory is that the climate changes on its own like it has with the other planets in the solar system as well as it does with the Sun.

You know a couple of years ago I thought the same thing about the Brazil example and it was explained that they don't have near the fuel consumption as we do and as a result it is easiler to replace gasoline with biofuels along with the fact that the sugar cane is a cost effective source for biofuels than corn. Believe me I wish it were that easy especially since a lot of my family members, friends, and clients are farmers and it would really help them, but I think we need to try other biofuels that work better as well as produce more of our own oil so then we don't have to import it. I agree it would be better and certainly more logical to subsidize for production instead of not producing since we now have a new use for those crops besides just for food consumption.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts