View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 04:24 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first Challenger

My dad was a Mopar enthusiast. He used to drag race. As a kid he would take me to car shows and drag races (we used to hit the NHRA spring nationals down in Bristol in Thunder Valley next to the Bristol Speedway. The 3 hour trip down he'd talk about all the Mopars he had and tales of his exploits in the 60's and 70's. Really cool memories.

His car is featured as my Avatar. I always wanted to have a powerful Mopar. Finally, I have the resources.

I wish they offered some version of the 69 Six Pack. No frills street racer, but I missed the boat on those. As a kid being raised on Mopar, I always thought the best looking one was the Challenger. I prefer it even to the 'Cuda. But that's just my opinion. I would have bought the SRT Charger when it came out but they didn't offer a manual transmission. I was pondering and pondering and when the concept came out, that's when I started hoping they'd build it. After they announced they'd build it, told the wife of the impractical purchase and she mad no issue of it.