View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:57 AM
deranged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first Challenger

SAY IT AIN'T SO! No one can hold a candle to Steve McQueen, who in my book is the epitome of coolness. To have this dweeb doing his part would be an insult. How about Jason Stathman? I think he could pull it off after seeing the Transporter movies. He has that same type of calculating coolness about him.

I fell in love with the Challenger when I saw Vanishing Point at the theatres. A fast MOPAR being driven at and sometimes beyond the limit had me hooked. I still remember the nose in the wind attitude of the Challenger "at speed" and the back end kind of hunkered down. Awhile later a friend told me about a '73 340 Challenger that the local Chevy dealer had taken on trade for a Camaro - "dumb a$$!" because the DODGE scared the owner. I drove my '68 Fury III 2-door hardtop out there and it was love at first sight. I remember the test drive "my mom had to ride with me because I was only 17 years old", opening up the Carter 4bbl and the ensuing howl that followed. My mom shouts "What is wrong with this car?" I told her not a thing it's supposed to do that! Not long after that I was doing Vanishing point re-enactments, at speed, nose in the wind and back end hunkered down!